GATE exams are very crucial, and scoring high marks in these exams is required for the students. These exams are used to test their comprehension of the graduate-level Engineering and Science subjects and measure their calibre. Moreover, these exams are relevant to not only get admissions into M.E or M. Tech programmes, but some PSU’s (public sector undertakings) as well as government-owned companies such as GAIL, Hindustan Petroleum, Indian Oil and so on make use of the exams to recruit graduate engineers for entry-level vacancies. Another vital use of GATE exams is to avail the Scholarships in ME /M.Tech as well as the Fellowship Programs from CSIR.
Since we have already established the significance of these exams, the attempt in this article is to see how best to prepare for the exams. The article will also deal with the role of the GATE Syllabus in preparing most proficient for the GATE exams.
Why is the Master’s Degree So Important?
In the meantime, here we will try and see why the students should wish to pursue higher education in the M.E or M. Tech field.
- A Master’s degree is a specialization degree, and it helps cultivate interest in a specific area, further leading to research / PhD
- Postgraduate students are offered higher salaries
- It is required for the candidates who wish to pursue Faculty/Research jobs in educational institutes and most of the Research and Development centres
- Pursuing Masters helps to change the Individual’s thought process
- A Master’s degree helps to approach and solve a problem in a completely new and unknown environment
How To Prepare for GATE Exams?
Here, in this article, let us first discuss how to prepare for the GATE exams. The exams are usually held in February jointly by IISc and seven IIT’s. Find, below, the tips to prepare most effectively for the exams.
- Candidates are required to know the exam pattern and the syllabus
- Read and study from the books according to the updated syllabus
- Have a thorough study plan in place for the GATE preparation
- Apart from other relevant subjects, aptitude and Engineering Mathematics are also important
- Have a proper not prepared on the relevant topics and concepts
- Candidates should have a good foundation and conceptual knowledge
- Revise the important topics thoroughly for the GATE exams
- Practise question papers and analyse them properly
- Write mock exams to get acquainted with the question paper design and face exams confidently
Relevance of GATE Syllabus in Preparing for Exams
IIT Kharagpur usually releases the GATE Exam syllabus for the relevant subjects on the official website. A regular syllabus constitutes three sections- General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics and subject-specific paper. In the meanwhile, find the benefit of the GATE syllabus.
- This syllabus comes in real handy while preparing for the exams
- It is easy to see which topics are covered for the GATE exams
- Also, given an overview of which topic or concept requires more focus
- It is easy to have a study plan prepared as per the syllabus
Thus, we can easily conclude that preparations for the exam require hard work and commitment. Following the above-given instructions, suggestions and tips are the best way to ace the relevant papers of GATE. Moreover, studying hard helps to score well in the exams.