The Blackstone Grills Flat Top Grill is the perfect way to cook outdoors. It’s like an oven on your patio! Through this blog post, you will learn how to ignite a blackstone grill. And you know how helpful it is to complete the setup. The Blackstone Grill Company has created a flat top grill that makes Blackstone outdoor grills for any occasion easy and fun! Plus, I’ll give you some step-by-step instructions on how to light your Blackstone Flat Top Grill.
1) Turn on your gas tank (or propane tank). Make sure that there are no crevices before lighting the fire, as this would defeat the purpose of trying to cook on your grill.
2) Turn on your burner knobs. Blackstones have three burners, be sure to turn all three up on high. When you first light a blackstone flat top grill, it will smoke a little like the oil from manufacturing burns off, don’t worry, though! This is normal.
3) Press the match or igniter button and let it sit for 30-40 seconds. Blackstones have a unique safety feature to keep you safe from accidental ignition, so make sure to hold in your button for at least 30 seconds before releasing.
4) Once the burner lights up, turn the knob back down to medium heat.
5) Let the burner warm up for 10 minutes.
6) When your grill is ready, you will see a blue flame at the end of the burner closest to the control panel. Time to start cooking! For more information, visit blackstonegrills.com or check out our Blackstone Grills YouTube Channel. Stay tuned with us for the sequel to this post, How to Clean Blackstone Flat Top Grill!
7) Open the valve all the way open so you can see an uninterrupted stream of gas or propane coming out of it. You may want to set your thermostat if needed.
8) Now light the burner with either a long lighter or matchstick, making sure not to let go until after ignition is complete.
How long is a flat top grill good for?
The most common question we get from customers is, “how long will my Blackstone Flat Top Grill last?”. Well, with proper care and maintenance, your Blackstone Grills can last a lifetime. Every cast iron grill plate is hand-poured and launched with the highest quality of molds at over 1,000 degrees. And if you don’t believe it, check out this blog post on how cast iron grills are made. Once you’ve completed your purchase, our team of friendly customer service will help you pick a package to fit your needs and give you step-by-step instructions on how to assemble your grill correctly.
We also recommend you keep your flat top grates clean and oiled with our Grate Armor. It’s the same product that we use the pros at Blackberry Farms. If you ever have any queries or questions, then feel free to communicate with us any time! Don’t forget to check out our Recipes page for some helpful tips and pointers on how to get the most out of your grill.
What is the best flat top grill for steaks?
Blackstone Grills Flat Top can be used for any cooking style or cooking! When making steaks, you must find a large flat surface that will give you an even cook. Many people use their flat top grill for cooking steaks, but it can also be used to cook chicken, burgers, pork chops, or seafood. Be sure to properly season your meat with our Blackberry Farms Grate Armor’s Steak Seasoning, and provide them a delightful crust on every side by searing in the grill.
The essential thing to remember when cooking steaks is your grill’s temperature. You want to cook them at a high temperature, so the outside caramelizes, and you get that rich brown crust, but be sure to leave them on until they are done in the center. We recommend using our grilling tongs for flipping your steaks to prevent any accidents with your valuable food!
How do you clean a flat top grill?
The best way to care for your Blackstone Flat Top Grill is by keeping it oiled with our Grate Armor. We encourage you to apply this product before and after cooking. You can also spray it on any stubborn or sticky grime that the brush won’t remove. Don’t forget to wipe down the flat top between uses with water and a paper towel. Also, if you ever have any additional issues, feel free to communicate with us at any time!
How often do I need to clean my flat top grill?
The Blackstone Grills Flat Top Grill is created for low-maintenance grilling. Just like other types of grills, you want to wipe down the hot plates after every use. Soaking a paper towel with mild hot water will work just fine! For tougher messes or food that has burnt onto your grill grates, apply our Blackstone Grills Grate Armor product. That’s right! It’s safe for your flat top grill, and it can be used to prolong the life of your grates.
How long can food stay on a flat top grill?
Always follow the directions and guidelines set by your operator. With that said, we recommend no longer than 30 minutes before you clean or scrape off any leftover food particles from your grates with our Grill Scraper by Blackstone Grills. After 30 minutes, the surface of the grates will be hot enough to start cooking your next meal while also burning off any excess food scraps. This will reduce the chance of creating smoke and burnt food flavors.
We’ve got you covered with this blog post! Now that we’re done, go out and light up the grill. You can do it! It was a pretty long blog post, we know. Here at Blackstone Grills, we love our customers and want to ensure they have the best experience possible with the products we carry in our inventory.