Online shopping is one of the best trends in recent years. It has made it possible to get what we want when we want it and how much we want to pay for it. But while online shopping brings us convenience, there are some risks associated with this type of transaction.
So we will explore few precautions you should take before purchasing anything on your computer screen!
* Don’t buy anything without reading reviews. If they have no thoughts, then don’t buy from them! Buyers will give you their honest opinion on the quality of the product and how long it took for delivery.
* Never click any links in your email or social media messages that promise a lot of money if only you can “click here.” These are often phishing scams to steal your account information.
* Be careful when using an online payment system like PayPal because this type of transaction makes it easy for scammers to get all sorts such as credit card numbers, bank account information, and more personal data about you, which could be used for extortion or identity theft purposes later on down the line.
* Once you have paid for the item, make sure that a confirmation page pops up. Be suspicious of websites that don’t show this confirmation page; they are likely trying to get your money and run without sending anything in return!
* If someone tries to sell you any product through email who doesn’t want personal information from you, be extra careful because these people may not even exist or could be using fake pictures as their profile picture.
It’s best to keep your identity private anyway so scammers can’t steal them and use them against you later on down the line.
* Never give out any banking account information online unless necessary (such as with PayPal). The same goes for credit card information.
* If you receive a call from someone who claims to be in charge of the police, IRS, or any other agency that could cause your account to be frozen if you don’t do as they say and send them money, it’s most likely a scammer.
You would not get this type of phone call unless there were an issue with your account! Hang up immediately on this person and contact your bank/credit card company instead of for verification before sending anything else.
* When purchasing jewelry online without seeing it first hand (such as gold chains), make sure that there is some guarantee policy associated with the sale. Hence, at least you have something backing up what has been sold to you by going back and getting your money back.
* Keep in mind that you are not limited to just buying clothes and jewelry on the internet; there is a whole world of products out there for sale, so if something else catches your eye while online shopping, go ahead and buy it! You could get lucky with what you find elsewhere!
* It’s also a good idea to be extra careful regarding payments, especially if the site is not well known. If you can, try to pay through a payment system like PayPal or an online bank transfer rather than giving your credit card number.
If you’re looking for a trustworthy site, check out Bella Barnett!