Online casinos often offer attractive welcome bonuses and free spins to new players as a way to entice them to sign up. However, these bonuses usually have wagering requirements that must be met before withdrawing. Wagering requirements seem complicated at first, but with a bit of knowledge, they are easy to understand.
Wagering requirements refer to the number of times you have to play through a bonus amount before you withdraw any winnings earned from the bonus. For example, if a casino offers a $100 bonus with 30x wagering, you would need to wager a total of $3,000 (100 x 30) before withdrawing money won using the bonus funds. Wagering requirements ensure that players don’t just take the bonus and run.
When you accept a bonus, the amount is credited to your casino account. However, this bonus has separate wagering requirements attached to it. As you play casino games, each bet you place deducts a portion of the bonus amount until you meet the playthrough requirement. Only then can the remaining bonus amount be withdrawn as cash. For example, if you get a $50 bonus with 20x wagering, you would need to wager $1,000 before withdrawing any money. If you bet $10 per spin on slots, you must make 100 spins to fulfill the requirements. Each $10 bet would deduct $10 from the bonus until the full $50 is deducted after 50 spins. Then, you must wager through the remaining $950 with your deposited money to claim it.
- Wagering requirements apply only to bonus funds, not your deposited money. However, real money bets still count towards meeting the playthrough.
- Contribution percentage – Not all games contribute fully to wagering. Slots usually contribute 100% but table games like blackjack may only contribute 10% – 20%.
- Wagering must be completed within a specific time limit, usually around 30 days from activation. The bonus and any resulting winnings will be forfeited if wagering fails.
- Only the bonus amount is subject to wagering, not the winnings from it. However, you cannot withdraw the winnings separately before completing the wagering.
- The wagering requirements must be met before making any withdrawals. Cashing out before completing wagering will result in forfeiture of both bonuses and winnings.
- The wagering requirements apply to the initial bonus amount, not the current bonus balance. Even if you lose some of the bonus balance, you would still need to work through the original bonus amount. More information can be found at https://www.australianonlinecasinosites.com/casino-bonuses/.
Understanding wagering requirements is key to maximizing casino bonuses. By taking the time to read the fine print, you take full advantage of bonus cash through smart play rather than losing your bonus or winnings by mistake. Pay close attention to the contribution percentage, time limits, eligible games, and other rules to successfully convert your bonus into real withdrawable cash.